Sunday, December 13, 2009

Clothing Swap

A couple weeks ago I went to a clothing swap which was organized by a girl I go to school with. There were about 15 girls and about 100+ items on the living room floor. I brought 3 and left with 10. Some girls brought 10 and left with none so there were still clothes on the floor when I left. It was a lot of fun and a great way to meet new people and get new (to me) clothes for free. I have spent very little money on new clothes this year. I have bought new underwear, new safety boots and a new pair of jeans. Everything else has been either a hand me down, thrift store or I got it at the clothing swap. The mall actually scares me. I don't enjoy going into a store with pushy or judgemental sales people and feeling uncomfortable while trying clothes on. I don't know if this is a particularily ADD feeling or not, but I often think that the sales people must be thinking 'what is a girl like HER doing in THIS store? She's so grubby.' I think it's true that people with ADD are more sensitive than other people. The truth is though that I don't know a lot of people who are confirmed as having ADD.
Anyway, I just wanted to get on here and spread the word about clothing swaps and how great they can be. The more women the better because they provide a greater variety of sizes, ladies!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment