Monday, November 9, 2009

The pointless doctor's visit

I've had a sore throat and a painful cough for a few days, a runny nose and sometimes a headache as well. I've had it for about 4 days and today I decided to leave school a little early and go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. Unfortunately I got there just before the doctor was about to take his lunch. I waited 2 hours! In this time I heard the woman behind the desk be yelled at for not having the H1N1 vacine available and not knowing when they would have it. I heard her be yelled at for giving a wait time that was shorter than she predicted. I heard her yell at people who were coughing and not wearing a face mask. It was the most eventful doctor's office wait I have ever had to sit through. The hysteria of some of the people in that office was amazing to me. "Well I have diabetis. I need the vacine!" "We won't know until Monday next week. Please *call* at that time." "Do you know anywhere else that is giving the vacine?" "No." "Well, I hope I don't get the flu in the next week!"
The woman behind the next was not very nice, but I don't think I would be either if I had her job.
After all that waiting the doctor confirmed my original thought - I have the common cold. I waited 2 hours to learn that I have the common cold. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment