Thursday, December 31, 2009

Things I want to change in 2010

I want to be more organzied and tidy. People who are, are sucessful and happy and I would like to be those things. I hate how often I show up late for commitments (aside from school or work) and people just expect that I'm going to do that anyway, so they are never even mad at me about it anymore! That's horrible!! I'm embarassed to have people ride in my car because it is just a junk container on wheels, but I am so lazy that I don't even feel like cleaning it out. That's disgusting!! My back pack has everything I need for school and I know I always have it, but where exactly is it? My life could be so much simpler if I just made some tidiness changes.

I want to start eating better. This is about 90% my choice and 10% the other person I live with. If I insisted on the changes in our diets, I'm sure they could be made, but she is kind of old school. Suggesting that we cut out red meat all together is blasphamy to her. And she doesn't even like it! She just thinks she is supposed to eat it. Anyway, I can actually feel the difference *inside* my body when I'm eating well and when I'm eating crap. I am so much more tired when I'm eating poorly and I hate it.

I'm doing the Weekend to End Women's Cancers 2010, so I need to start training. I'm really excited about getting back on the exercising train. I was so close to being in a routine, and then the math unit hit and that put the brakes on. Excuses, excuses! There's another change! I don't want to make excuses for my behaviour anymore!

This following change I think is the most important one. I don't want to date next year. So far it hasn't been getting me anywhere and I am not feeling very much for the guys who are around. As for the ones that I do have some feeling for, they are unavailable for various reasons. One of my... I guess you could call her a friend... posted on her facebook status that she was going to spend the following year focusing on herself. I thought that was a fantastic resolution and I intend to do the same thing. Until I can be my best self, I don't think I can be very selective about the guys I will be with and I think that sucks. I should be able to say to billions of guys that I am so fantastic that they can't come near my greatness. I don't yet feel that I am in that league and I can't get to that place without some hard work alone. 2010 is ALSO the year of Jamie! A new decade for my young adult life. Yes, I called myself an adult and maybe at the end of this year I will believe that I am an adult.

1 comment:

  1. I knew a barely 18 year old that yelled, "I'm an adult" in a restaurant one time... What a NUT! :-P

    I approve of the 'Year of Jamie' AND the giving up red meat. When you come and stay with us there will still be red meat (deer and bison), but there is ALWAYS a vegetarian AND vegan option...

    You need to read The China Study to her and follow her around the house reading statistics to her. That worked pretty well on Luc!

    ReplyDelete